Thursday, August 12, 2010

One Down...One to Go!

i have knocked out one big milestone in my life... Graduating college! Boy i didn't think that would ever get here! Ya know I'm not really certain that it has actually sunk in that i DO NOT have to go back... if you think about it school has been a part of my life for nearly 18 years straight!!! That like all of my life that i can remember!!! So the fact that i don't HAVE to go back ever is such a big relief. I may eventually go on to get my masters but then there is absolutely no pressure and it just doesn't seem as intimidating!

My next big milestone is becoming Mrs. Aaron Cohlmia.. which happens to be in 7 weeks and almost 2 days! That is not very long folks... Thankfully my list of TO DOS is shrinking day by day. My main concerns at this time are getting the programs designed and the ceremony accessories bought. Easy enough right?

So as far as everything else in my life.. I've been busy! i thought life was busy back when i worked part-time and went to school occasionally..WHAT?! Girl you had it good!

Aaron's b-day was this past week and i managed to surprise him in a big way. I had a muffler shop "steal" his truck while he was at work, install a flow master muffler on it, and take it back to his work and park it in the same place it was :) I'm sneaky.. I also managed to get about 20 of our close friends to meet us at a local restaurant without his knowing, too!

Family life is great, too! We're going to have two little ones running around in the next year or so (NOT ME) so that's a lot of excitement :) The concept of gaining a whole 'nother complete family is still sinking in. It will not just be Aaron's family anymore.. it will be mine, too!

My mom and i ran away to the city a couple months ago and had a mother daughter hang out. We went to STL and rented a motel, went shopping, went to a casino, and ate a whole bunch of delicious food :) life doesn't get better than that! I think i met my soul mate of a purse while i was on this grand shopping adventure, too! it is simply perfect all around.. i would take a picture and post it but i have lost my camera charger and instead of just buying a new one i have decided i want to complain about it for a year instead.. good plan right?

Speaking of that i am trying to go on a spending freeze. i mean not completely or i would not be living in my wonderful house, still have this lovely gut, or have the ability to post this post via the Internet but i am trying to give myself a cash allowance for the week just so i can see if i can pull it off! I always pay all the bills the day we get paid, stick a chunk in the saving and the rest is free game..not any more. For the next month or two i am going to give myself allowances for the week. The only think i can use my debit card on is gas and maybe SOME groceries but i think i need to learn to use what i have rather than going to the store every night for supper food and lunches! I'll let you know how this goes for me :)

So i have probably overwhelmed you with random information so I'll give you a few hours to soak it all in and I'll have another information overload for you soon!

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Love your sneaky idea for Aaron's bday present. Awesome!

Also, I can't believe your wedding day is almost here! How exciting!

Enjoy being done with school. I have 13 classes left (a year-ish) so I'm getting excited to be done too.

Congrats again!!