Boy do I have some catching up to do! I was doing fairly well and then BAM I got busy again!
So here are some things that have happened in my life in the past few weeks/months:
- I became a Godmother!!!! I am officially the Godmother of my cousin's baby girl Layla! And Aaron is now her Godfather J
- We had out first Christmas in out new cozy home!! I got a Cricut along with many other great presents like a pea coat and some cartridges for the Cricut so it was a great day around our home. Not to mention Aaron running around the house yelling "I got a guitar and an iPod touch in the same day!!!!" (Too funny right?)
- Speaking of Aaron he graduated Nursing school and also passed his boards! He is now an RN!! YAY I can actually breathe now.. things were pretty rough for a while L
- Now everything is great with Aaron and I and we are rolling on with the wedding plans J We only have 8 months left to plan and get everything together. It only took us a year but we have decided to go with the Catholic Church in Vienna J It turns out that Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholic are so similar in their beliefs that a Catholic Church will allow you to get married in their church.. best part is my brother can still marry us!!! YAY
- I'm moving along with school and will be finished in July and able to walk in May J
- We have decided on a honey moon on the island of St. Lucia! It's a Sandals resort and we CANNOT even wait!
- Aaron and I are both on a healthy kick (makes life so much easier when were on healthy kicks together!) our dinners are 10 times healthier and we even eat good on the weekends. We've become great friends with turkey hotdogs and turkey bacon. I've also grown to live blueberries which are GREAT for you and even some whole wheat and whole grain stuff! I've lost about 6lbs since the beginning of Jan and hope to lose about 9 more lbs by summer J
- I'm becoming an OK cook.. who would have ever thought Kara would actually be able to cook.. sure not me! We've been trying some recipes out of a Cook This Not That book and they are simply amazing. Who thought healthy food was that good!
- I've been working on trying to be a calmer person… funny stuff! Anyone who knows me knows I am not a very calm person so this takes a hell of a lot of trying. It's been going ok but I still need to work on some areas.. I don't want to be a person that has to rush through life because I'm a die hard procrastinator yet hate being late on stuff. Doesn't do a body good..
- After that's all said my new year's resolutions are as follows: Blog More, Get to my goal weight by the wedding, stop buying so many clothes and save money, get through this wedding alive, and be a calmer person! What are yours?
2 comments:
whew! i remember those moments, when you realize you have to really get down to the actual planning of the wedding, and not just the fantasy-planning. and you think you're stressed, but then every week the wedding gets closer, and you realize .... holy cow!
i dropped 15 lbs the month before the wedding, not even trying, not eating less, just all the stress. so i'm betting "goal weight" won't be a problem!
I can NOT wait for your wedding - you are going to be such a beautiful bride and you and Aaron are so freaking perfect together.
<3
Post a Comment