Thursday, December 17, 2009

Today is it...

So today is the day.. I'm moving out.
 
There are so many mixed emotions that coming with moving out... at least for me!
 
I am so happy because Aaron is here for good and that he'll never ever have to leave me to go back to KS again! He's graduated nursing school and is mine forever now! I'm also so happy because this means we are starting such a long chapter in both our lives and we get to do it all together now instead of hours apart!
 
I am also sad because ill be leaving what I've known as home my whole life! I mean we have lived in a couple different houses but it has always been with my parents and ill actually be staying in my own house forever... my mom is pretty emotional too so were trying not to talk about it .. at all! So if you see her in the next couple weeks don't mention it ;)
 
..So today is an emotional day for me both happy and sad. I have been hoping back and forth for the past few weeks and now all the hard work of planning, saving, and waiting has all paid off and the time is here! As of 11:00pm tonight Aaron and I will officially be living together in our own home!!
 
Wish us luck :)

4 comments:

Connie said...

Kara,
I know exactly how your Mom feels. When the time comes for April to move out, I will be the exact same way. That just goes to show what a strong relationship you have with your Mom and that will not change. But it will be a huge adjustment on both parts and along with your Mom's sadness will also be joy as you move into adulthood and your own life. It is with great pride and love to accomplish a close loving Mother/Daughter relationship.
Even though we enter a new chapter in our lives, there is a sense of loss. It will just take time for it all to seem natural.
Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding and new phase of life.
Connie

Sarah said...

I know how you feel. It was hard when I moved out too. But now, my Mom and I have a different kind of relationship, which I love!
Good luck with moving in, getting the house decorated, and wedding plans! And have fun!! :)

Page Turner said...

I know exactly how you feel! All excited and happy and nervous and kind of sad all at the same time. Just remember to have fun with it all because this time is very special. Your big day will be here before you know it! :)

Mom said...

You have been my best friend for twenty-one years, Im going to miss you so much! Im also very excited for you! Ill not have to see the sad eyes when Aaron leaves to go back to Wichita again. Aaron is a very lucky man.You know perfectly how to balance everything in your life and I expect youll find a way to keep me in your life enough to keep this sappy old woman content! I Love you Kara, Just be happy!!!