OMG! Only one post in April! That’s just WRONG! I can’t believe I was such a slacker for a whole month!
Here are some more updates… (I swear ill have a real post soon)
-Thyroid – I took my radioactive iodine treatment pill the first week of April… the doctors told me that it could take up to three months for the pill to start killing my thyroid (sounds harsh right?) and that I prob won’t have symptoms for a little while. Well, I went for my first monthly check up and found out that my thyroid was dying at a pretty fast rate of speed…
thank goodness I had an excuse for gaining 10lbs in 5 days! And no that last part was not a joke in any way shape or form. So I went back a week later to get more blood tests and see if my thyroid is still dying as fast as it was a week ago. And now I am awaiting a call from the doctor’s office to see if they’re gonna start me on Synthroid like super soon .. This means I could get my emotions and everything..including weight.. in check before I get married in October!
I’ve been soooo extremely tired all the time and have these dark circles under my eyes that keep showing up every morning.. whether I get enough sleep or not. But thanks to makeup and mountain dew I have gotten a lot better at hiding them!
-School – School’s going ok.. I have been taking online courses but due to my lack of attention and sleepy-ness I haven’t been doing as well in them as I could be. Thank goodness this is my last week.. for two weeks! Then I start the cycle over again.. I will be so glad when I graduate next fall. I plan on taking at least one easier class during the summer so I can at least enjoy the sun and river!
Work - ..is work
VACATION – is in two weeks!!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!! My Mom, my Dad, Me, Aaron, Aaron’s Parents, and Aaron’s Sister and her husband are all going to Wyoming to check out Yellowstone National Park the first week in June. I am so thrilled to get away from life for a week! I won’t worry about getting hwk done, make sure im exercising enough, watching what I eat (it’s vacation!), if I need to wash my hair that day.. the usual! Yay!
Wedding – Aaron is OFFICIALLY here today!!!! For the whole summer!!!!! So we can actually buckle down and make some major plans! And by plans I mean plans other then who the bride and groom are gonna be J We’ve also set up our very own wedding site.. you have to check it out and sign our guest book! www.akcohlmia-tietheknot.com
Life in General – My friend Danielle and I have been walking a lot trying to get rid of a little extra fat lying around. We’ve recently started walking some pretty big hills and adding some jogging to our workout. We had a Girl’s Night In last weekend and had a blast drinking up all the calories we’d lost that week! Love it!
My hair is still blondish.. I’ve kept the same hair color for at least 8 weeks now! You should be impressed.
Aaron and I are going to see the comedian Dane Cook tomorrow.. Soooo thrilled about this. That guy is the shit.. he’s so funny
We’ve gathered up a bunch of our old clothes/shoes/my purses/ and other random junk b/c were going to a local Plato’s Closet to see if we could get any money out of our old clothes. Anything left will be going to a yard sale that some of us local girls are throwing together and anything left over from that will go to a clothing drop off that is at my brother’s church!
We also got together all of our old textbooks from college and are selling them. The cool thing about it is that for every book they buyback from you they make a donation and you have the option to donate money for poor kids to get textbooks and other reading materials! It’s www.BetterWorldBooks.com definitely worth your time to check it out!
While going through some old clothes I found some older stuff that I had forgotten about and are now new to me again! Yay! Just like Christmas all over again... I found some work capris and a couple pairs of jeans I forgot about and that actually fit my body + 10lbs! That’s how im going to start referring to my body.. the extra 10lbs that have been hanging around for the past couple weeks are going to have to leave eventually and I will be ready for that day/week/month!
Other than that I’ve just been hanging around the house doing homework, watching TV, and LOVING the Britney Spears song If You Seek Amy (and yes I just figured out exactly what it is that she is referring to when she sings the sentence! Still like it anyway!)
That’s it for now - Love and Peace - Kara
No comments:
Post a Comment